|Name||Date Of Birth||Who|
|Mamata Banerjee||5 January 1955||Indian politician, Chief Minister of West Bengal|
Mamata Banerjee is an Indian politician and the Honorable chief minister of West Bengal. She was born on 5 January 1955 in a Bengali family of Kolkata, West Bengal. She is the 1st women and 11th chief minister of West Bengal. Mamata Banerjee is also known as ‘Didi’.
About Mamata Banerjee
Mamata Banerjee born in a Bengali family in Kolkata, West Bengal on 5 January 1995 (age 64 years). Her father Promileswar Banerjee died due to lack of medical treatment when she was 17. Banerjee completed the higher secondary board examination from Deshbandhu Sishu Sikshalay. She did her Bachelor’s in History from the Jogamaya Devi College. Later she earned her Master’s degree in Islamic history from the University of Calcutta.
Mamata Banerjee began her political career in the Congress party in the 1970s. In 1997 and she left the Congress Party and became one of the founding members of the All India Trinamool Congress along with Mukul Roy.
Mamata Banerjee becomes the cm of West Bengal on 20 May 2011 as the first female and 11th chief minister of West Bengal. she was awarded for the kanyashree prakalpa by the United Nations On June 2017.
Facts about Mamata Banerjee
- Mamata Banerjee walks 5-6 km on her treadmill every day.
- Mamata Banerjee got involved in politics, at the age of 15. She established ‘Chhatra Parishad Unions’ which was the student wing of the Congress Party
- In 1997, Didi left the Congress Party in West Bengal and started the ‘All India Trinamool Congress’
- She is the first women chief minister of West Bengal
- Mamata Banerjee is also known as Didi in West Bengal